There are about 278 people groups that are considered unreached in the Central African Region. This means they do not have a viable indigenous Church or Christians who can evangelize and disciple the entire tribe. In most cases they have less than 2% Christians. They are spread across 8 countries in the region and we feel God calling us to commit lives and efforts towards ensuring that these people all have an opportunity to hear the Gospel.
Central Africa Missions Outreach (CAMO) is our vision to see every Unreached People Group in the central African sub-region holistically engaged by a team of Disciple Makers before the end of 2025.
The nations targeted include Chad, Cameroon, CAR, Gabon, Congo Brazzaville, Equatorial Guinea with South Sudan and Sao Tome & Principe. Each of these nations is unique and has different needs and will require a uniquely different approach, but our work in CAMO is summed up in the CAMO Mission.
- Initiate and Catalyze Church Planting Movements among the many Unreached People Groups (UPGs) in the targeted countries
- Provide leadership to emerging indigenous workers (Bible Schools, Schools of Missions and Specialized Short-Term Trainings) ;
- Initiate Community Development Projects in our targeted mission fields (Schools, community health centres, water supply etc.).
Pursuing the CAMO vision boils down to these five cardinal actions:
- Anthropological Research: our teams are out there taking survey and research trips to find out the people groups that need to be engaged, where they are and the circumstances around which they live.
- Church Planting: the ultimate goal is to have an active Church planting movement among every people group that will spread into other people groups
- Discipleship and Leadership Training: we seek to provide training to indigenous leaders, establish strong discipleship making structures and mission training for prospective indigenous missionaries
- Community Development: establish community development projects in these communities – these include language centers, water projects, literacy programmes and technology/skill training
- Mobilization & Go-bilization: Mobilization involves awakening and deploying resources and personnel towards engaging unreached people with the Gospel. Go-bilizing involves crossing cultures to mobilize an existing church to engage the unreached within it’s networks.
Because of the diverse nature of these countries, we have planned an engagement in phases.
PHASE ONE: Cameroon, Chad, CAR, South-Sudan. (2013-2017);
PHASE TWO: Congo Brazzaville, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Sao Tomé. (2018 – 2021)