Two years ago, our organization engaged the Ruto people who live by the southern borders of Chad with CAR. We sent Timothy a young newly trained Chadian missionary and his family to pioneer the work there. We didn’t expect him to spend a long time adjusting since he was within his country and in a culture not too different from his. A year later he was joined by Isidor and Evelyne Ngabra (a Chadian couple who returned from CAR during the recent war) and Romeo Mbeumi, a new Cameroonian recruit. All three were trained through our 6-month Basic Seminars in Frontier Missions (BSFM) in Doba. With this team of 3 men and two families, we were confident that the Ruto people in Chad would be sufficiently engaged and reached with the Gospel.
One year after this major reinforcement, as we look at our reports to count God’s faithfulness:
- Nine (9) churches have been planted with an average of 50 persons in a church. We are talking of 9 villages here.
- Two (2) wells were dug in the villages of Koukourundja and Gourourou where Romeo and Isidor both live. This has become the source of potable water to both villages.
- A primary school has been established in Gourourou (called Mount Zion Primary School) with 127 pupils in Primaries 1 through 5. Isidor just needed to home-school his 3 children because there was none in the village, and a new school was born
- A land of 5 hectres has been given to us by the Mayor of Sido and paramount chief of the Ruto people. Papers of the land are partially done
Indeed the nations are ripe, just waiting for the harvest to be brought in. We look forward to organizing a short trip for some of our partners and supporters to visit the Ruto fields in Chad and realize that all their investments, prayers and support are not in vain.
In the coming year we trust God to help us:
- Establish a mission base in Sido among the Ruto people with Timothy as the team leader
- Move Romeo to the major Ruto town in Central Africa Republic (CAR)
- Build toilets and offices at the Mount Zion Primary School in Gourourou
- Select emerging leaders from the existing churches through the Portable Bible School and send qualified persons for 6 months BSFM in Doba in preparation for sending them out into new villages
Our CAMO vision remains that by the year 2025, every unreached people group in the Central African Sub-Continent will be engaged by an active missionary team. We invite you to continually pray, invest your resources and come join us on the field where much of the action is. May we see all the nations of the earth reached in our generation.